Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Christmas Party

So this post is really late...but that's just how life goes. Our Christmas party was a blast! I had found an idea on a blog for a really cute reindeer ornament to make using styrofoam balls and yarn and red poof balls and googly eyes...I was really excited about, but as a procrastinator, I was unable to get all of the materials I needed as our Wal-Mart rarely has what I need! I was so frustrated because our Christmas party was the next day and I did not have a craft! But as I was searching pinterest I found these really cute ornament trees made out of buttons! All of the directions involved needles and seemed really complicated though so I began feeling really discouraged. But, my wonderful husband said that he thought it would not be so complicated and let's just try it, so we went to Wal-Mart again at about 10:30 at night and bougt a ton of buttons and rope string. We got home and proceeded to trying to make our own and it was a success! All we did was string it through (you need two/four holed buttons and put one end of the string through each of the holes and tie at the top.) The only problem was a little fraying, nothing some clear nail polish couldn't fix! So for the next hour my husband helped me cut 24 strings to the right length and nail polish both ends and sort buttons. :) It was well worth it and the kids loved making the cute ornaments! And way less messy and complicated than my original project idea....thank goodness, hot glue gun needed!
After creating the ornaments, we had a fun snack. I bought sugar cones, icing that I dyed with green food coloring, and lots of candy for decorations. The kids had so much fun creating these yummy, though quite messy, treats!


I have to say, I LOVE holiday parties. They may be exhausting and chaotic, but I love just getting to have FUN with my kiddos. Well worth it!




No comments:

Post a Comment